Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Tunnelton

This is the infamous train tunnel located in Orange County, Indiana. Some say at night that you can actually see a "Ghost Train" go through, and others have stated that you can feel the wind as though a train was passing by. Some say that there was and is still a graveyard at the top of the tunnel. The last time that G.H.O.S.T. was there in 2009 all of us heard a train whistle as we were walking back to our cars, I personally heard it four times. The gravel road to the tunnel runs along the tracks, and as we were heading back we never saw or heard a train come through. G.H.O.S.T. will be conducting an outdoor investigation sometime this Spring or early Summer.

1 comment:

  1. I have lived in French Lick most of my life so far, and the train tunnel has always been a source for stories of workers buried in the walls of the tunnel. My grandfather use to tell this tale a lot. I'd love to investigate with you when you come back to this area. You can find me on facebook, john shipman

    ReplyDelete